This Christian mindfulness practice came from someone else, but I have no idea who. That person created a list of profound questions for daily reflection or examen. Although I neglected to note the author back then, I’ve found answering these questions bring lots of insight.
- Where in this day did I feel the presence of God working in my life and in the world?
- What in this day seemed like it was a part of my leading?
- What made me believe that?
- How does that leading fit into my personal and spiritual life?
- What did I do today to feed my spirit or move me ahead on my spiritual journey?
Let’s try using these questions for discernment in quiet time. They are also great for journaling.
Other good morning exercises are here.