Parts of the world are at war. We may be missing loved ones. And the cost of Thanksgiving may be much higher than last year. Nonetheless, the Lord has been so good to us.
Today, let’s look with intention at what’s right and how God has blessed us. Listing our blessings helps us to stay focused on what is good in our lives.
For example, I am thankful to the Lord for:
- Our continued health.
- Our marriage that has remained solid despite both of us in pain from shoulder and back conditions.
- Food, water and a warm house.
- My granddaughter and the miracles of technology that allow us to spend time together.
- My wonderful kids.
- A more consistent Christian mindfulness practice.
- My spiritual director and pastors.
And there’s lots more on my list. Please make one yourself and spend time thanking God for what you have. You will feel much better.
It might be fun to keep it, so you can compare it to next year’s list.
You also can create a list of unanswered prayers to compare. Last year I prayed for travel. And yes, this year I went to Europe twice!
You also can make a gratitude pumpkin for your table! Just list your blessings on a pumpkin. It’s fun.