Starting the day with a loving-kindness mindfulness exercise infuses peace into your schedule. Especially when you focus on the day just ahead.
- Quiet your mind and invite God’s presence.
- Think about yourself. Say: May I be healthy. May I know God’s comfort. May I feel God’s love. May I live in God’s peace.
- Look at your schedule for the day.
- One by one, bring up the people you will meet or talk with today.
- For each person, repeat the phrases: May they be healthy. May they know God’s comfort. May they feel God’s love. May they live in God’s peace.
- If you are meeting a particular group of people, such as a class or a team, you can repeat the phrases for that group.
- Do this for at least five minutes … more if you want to spend that time.
By bringing each person into loving-kindness for the day, especially those you dislike, you can better step out in love and peace.