Working from home has blurred the lines between work and home even further. This Christian mindfulness exercise can help us end our paid or volunteer work, moving into a relaxing time.
- Go to a place where you can be alone for five to 10 minutes.
- Pay attention to your breathing for three to five breaths. Breathe as deeply as you can.
- Thank God for your job and your day. Ask God to be with you as you transition from the work day.
- Check in with your mind. Are you having racing thoughts or anxious feelings?
- Do a quick body scan. Are you tense in certain spots? Can you breathe and consciously try to relax those spots?
- Stand up and move your body. Move your arms at the speed you are feeling inside. Then deliberately slow down those movements.
- As you are slowing down, think of three things to be grateful for about the work day you just finished.
- Breathe deeply and ask for the presence of God as you go into the rest of your day.