Walking in Christian mindfulness in the presence of Jesus looks a certain way. We are each individuals, but consistencies exist. The Bible details them.
Here’s a list of what it looks like to live in God’s presence, put together by Ken Boa and Jenny Abel in their free PDF, “A Guide to Practicing God’s Presence.”
They suggest that we start by picking one of the descriptions below. Put on a card and keep it by our beds. Meditate on this verse morning and evening, asking God to help you live it.
Here are the suggested verses:
- Abide in Jesus. (John 15:45)
- Love God and your neighbor. (Matthew 22:37-40)
- Set your mind on what the Spirit desires. (Romans 8:5-6)
- Walk by the Spirit. (Galatians 5:16,25)
- Set your heart on the things above. (Colossians 3:1-2)
- Rejoice always. (1 Thessalonians 5:16)
- Pray continually. (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
- Give thanks in all circumstances. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
- Run the race of life with endurance. (Hebrews 12:1-2)
- Submit yourself to God. (Romans 12:1-2)
- Press on toward the goal. (Philippians 3:12-14)
- Dwell on whatever is excellent and praiseworthy. (Philippians 4:6-8)
- Remember God. (Deuteronomy 8:2-3)
Other resources to support your Christian mindfulness journey are listed here.