Hope Mindfulness and Prayer app presents mindfulness and meditation in Christian form. As the narrator describes it in the opening video, “Meditation is the ship, and Jesus is the captain.”
This app … use the whole name as other apps are also shortened to Hope … has a five-star rating with 105 reviews in the Apple app store. It’s an especially good app for beginners in Christian mindfulness. The graphics are well done, and it’s easy to navigate.
The 12-day guide called the Foundation for the practices is free. Getting the other meditations costs you a subscription, which is $10 a month or $70 a year.
If you pay that, you get access to hundreds of meditations in these categories:
- Life (anxiety, stress, purpose, self-esteem, loneliness, disappointment)
- Rest (sleep and relaxation)
- Carpe Diem (energy, creativity, balance, productivity)
- Virtues (happiness, love, kindness, patience, forgiveness)
- Health (depression, dieting, chronic illness)
- Moments (being single, healing a broken heart, marriage, motherhood, fatherhood, divorce)
- Difficulty (delays, fear of flying, test taking, public speaking, talking to a crush)
- Sports and Recreation (training, motivation)
- Kids sleep stories
I couldn’t find much information on who created the app. It does gamify meditation with awards. Other apps for Christian mindfulness and meditation are listed on the Resources page here.