The first Sunday of Advent is seven days away. If you are still having issues with order delivery, as I am, be sure to get your supplies, books and ideas ready for the year.
Having a mindful Christian Advent is a time of joy and wonder, sorely needed this year. It’s a quiet time spent intentionally concentrating on the miracle of Jesus’ birth, rather than commercial Christmas. This kind of Advent is sure to chase pandemic fears away so we can feel at peace.
Some ideas for Advent prep include:
- Get or make Advent candles. (We are doing beeswax candles from a kit this year. You can find the kit here.)
- Purchase an Advent calendar or stock up one if you have a reusable model.
- Get the Advent wreath out of storage … or buy one.
- Order a new Advent devotional or order new ones. This year I’m using two favorites: “Preparing for Christmas” by Richard Rohr and “Living in Joyful Hope” by Suzanne M. Lewis.
- Get out your Christmas music.
- Organize children’s Christmas books.
- Pick the name of a saint or devout Christian. You can study their life during the season.