The pandemic is hovering over all of us. We’ve had friends lose their parents to COVID. We won’t get to spend Thanksgiving with our granddaughter and her parents. We won’t get to see my husband’s mother who is in dementia care.
Nonetheless, the Lord has been so good to us. Today, let’s look with intention at what’s right and how God has blessed us. Listing our blessings helps us to stay focused on what is good in our lives.
For example, I am thankful to the Lord for:
- Our continued health.
- Our marriage that has remained solid despite quarantining together soon after we retired from jobs that involved a lot of travel and time apart.
- Food, water and a warm house.
- My granddaughter and the miracles of technology that allow us to have dessert together on Thanksgiving day.
- My wonderful kids.
- A ministry that has continued via Zoom through the pandemic.
- My spiritual director and pastors.
And there’s lots more on my list. Please make one yourself and spend time thanking God for what you have. You will feel much better.
It might be fun to keep it, so you can compare it to next year’s list. Here’s hoping next year’s list has a lot of travel on it!