Skipping Black Friday is a custom for me. I prefer to use the day to think about upcoming Advent and to take the Christmas Pledge.
I wrote this down decades ago, and I can’t find the source online. It has served me well.
The Christmas Pledge
- To remember those people who truly need my gifts.
- To express my love for family and friends in more direct ways that presents.
- To rededicate myself to the spiritual growth of my family.
- To examine my holiday activities in light of the true spirit of Christmas.
- To initiate one act of peacemaking within my circle of family and friends.
Amen to that.