A photo of grilled food and picnic sides appeared on a magazine cover under the headline: Homegating. Tailgating at home? Welcome to the fall of 2020.
The cancellation of some favorite outdoor activities … hayrides, bonfires and tailgating to name a few … offers opportunity to enjoy this autumn mindfully … without rushing.
The apple orchard, the pumpkin patch and the fall leaves still beckon. But we can choose not to pack up the family and rush out every weekend.
This fall, let’s make a commitment to be mindful of God’s beauty around us. We can do things in the neighborhood that bring joy without additional pressure and stress.
Here’s some of them:
- Meditate and pray outdoors.
- Walk when you can
- Read outdoors.
- Picnic at the park or eat outdoors on your porch or deck.
- Go to a nearby park to look at the leaves changing.
- Take the kids on a Stop, Look and Listen walk.
- Encourage traditional outdoor games: hopscotch, jump rope and four square.
The fall of 2020 could be the best autumn we’ve ever had.