Are you feeling blah? Not quite depressed. Not quite anxious. But not joyful and content either.
A research study conducted at Duke found that about 30% of adults have “the COVID blues.” The main symptom: We just don’t feel like ourselves. We are sluggish and not happy.
This Christian mindfulness exercise may help.
- Go to a place where you won’t be disturbed.
- Concentrate on your breathing for a few minutes.
- Ask God to come anew into your life. To give you the wisdom to improve your relationship with Him.
- As you continue to concentrate on your breathing, imagine that the out-breath removes your discontent and the in-breath brings you ease.
- Be mindful of thoughts that come up. You don’t have to fight them. Just recognize that they are there.
- Pray about any thoughts that bother you.
- Ask yourself if you are feeling better. I hope you are.